We asked ourselves – what would be the biggest energy saving tips we could give our customers in Kingsport to save money?
- Check your vents: Keep your vents open to circulate more air through your home. Do NOT close heat registers in unused rooms.
- Have a regular service performed on your system: A regular service will ensure your system runs efficiently and saving money.
- Put your ceiling fans on low speed in a clockwise direction: When it’s cold out, you want to keep the warm air that naturally rises down.
- Change your filters regularly: You’ll help your system run more efficiently.
- Insulation and sealing leaks: Inexpensive expanding foam and caulk can be your best friends. By sealing all cracks could save 20% on your energy bills!
- A programmable or a Smart thermostat can be a wise investment: Estimates are this could reduce bills an average of 10%.
- Switch to CFC or LED bulbs: New LED bulbs don’t heat up like old bulbs and are now available in soft or natural white light.
- Upgrade appliances and HVAC systems when the time comes: HVAC systems are expensive to replace, but newer systems are so much more efficient than older systems.
- Open your curtains and let the sun in: An easy way to get a little more heat into your house is by letting the natural light from the sun in.