You don’t need to be an expert to shop for an HVAC system. However, you should know your needs and the individual components that can help meet them.
- Energy Efficiency: The more energy efficient the HVAC system, the more money you can save. To evaluate energy efficiency, note the system’s SEER rating. The bare minimum is a 13 rating, but more efficient systems are rated 20-28.
- Sound Rating: Most systems range from 25-55 decibels, which isn’t much louder than a refrigerator. If you live in a smaller home where the system is more audible from outside, look for a quieter sound rating.
- Cost: You should also consider long-term costs associated with the system’s energy efficiency and durability.
- Warranty: A good HVAC warranty usually lasts 5-10 years. When shopping, always ask for full warranty details. You can always purchase an extended warranty.
- Advanced Features: Some of the best hvac and air conditioner brands of 2020 offer models that include smart thermostats, sound reduction, and automated system monitoring.
- Customer Reviews: By reading other buyers’ opinions, you can gain valuable insight into an HVAC system. Look for detailed reviews that list the customer’s home type, budget, and location. The most helpful reviews come from people with similar needs to yours.
Call Kingsport HVAC Pros to help you solve these questions for your heating and cooling requirements. Contact us today at 423-205-6846.
Kingsport HVAC Pros