If you gas furnace, gas kitchen stove, gas water heater or gas logs stop working and the carbon monoxide detector is going off, LEAVE YOUR HOME IMMEDIATELY and dial 911. After that, then call your HVAC contractor to tell them about the situation. If you have a gas furnace or heating system that emits carbon monoxide, you will want to be out of your home if it starts leaking.
Carbon Monoxide is an odorless, poisonous gas that is produced from burning fuel. If you breath in too much, it can cause SERIOUS health issues, and eventually death. Not every broken down heater leaks carbon monoxide, but this is a real concern with a broken heater. That’s why it’s so important to have a carbon monoxide detector always installed by your heating system. If that isn’t going off, but your heater isn’t working, there shouldn’t be any danger. Then you can dial emergency service for your heating system, but if there is a leak, get out of there!
Call Kingsport HVAC Pros to get the emergency repairs you need for your heating system, gas kitchen stove, gas water heater or gas logs. Contact us at 423-205-6846 to get the help you need.