We asked ourselves – what’s the best tips to save money this winter?
1. Check your vents: Keep your vents open to circulate more air through your home. Do NOT close heat registers in unused rooms.
2. Have a regular service performed on your system: A regular service will ensure your system runs efficiently and saving money.
3. Put your ceiling fans on low speed in a clockwise direction: When it’s cold out, you want to keep the warm air that naturally rises down.
4. Change your filters regularly: You’ll help your system run more efficiently.
5. Insulation and sealing leaks: Inexpensive expanding foam and caulk can be your best friends. By sealing all cracks could save 20% on your energy bills!
6. A programmable or a Smart thermostat can be a wise investment: Estimates are this could reduce bills an average of 10%.
7. Switch to CFC or LED bulbs: New LED bulbs don’t heat up like old bulbs and are now available in soft or natural white light.
8. Upgrade appliances and HVAC systems when the time comes: HVAC systems are expensive to replace, but newer systems are so much more efficient than older systems.
9. Open your curtains and let the sun in: An easy way to get a little more heat into your house is by letting the natural light from the sun in.
Contact Kingsport HVAC Pros for up to date information about the most efficient heating and cooling systems available in Kingsport at 423-205-6846.